Monday, May 12, 2008

Blog-Fixing: Fixing The AddThis Button on Blogspot

On one of our featured Blog Tools portion, I recently posted a recommendation for using the services of AddThis.com and how plugging it into your site helps with building your blog's community and readership.

Having the AddThis.com button at the end of every post gives your readers the option to conveniently share your articles with their friends on just about every single social networking and social bookmarking service.

But just last weekend, somebody informed me that the 'Share' service of AddThis.com wasn't working right. I noticed that it worked alright for some blogs and there were indeed a couple whose AddThis.com buttons weren't working.

After spending a frustrating afternoon trying to work the kinks out myself, I ran a quick search on Google, and found another blog talking about the same problem. More importantly, said blog offered useful advice on fixing my AddThis.com issue, and it worked like a charm.

So for that, I'd like to thank Frank Gualtier of the fine blog, Touring The Indies. Frank was able to write a code to fix the AddThis.com problem. Taking internet public service a step further, he wrote a little Do-It-Yourself to fix the AddThis.com issue.

You can read the rest of his post here and get the code to fix your blogs on Blogspot.

Like I said, it worked great. And it seems I've fixed the AddThis.com issue on my Blogspot blogs.

Thanks again, Frank!

Cheers, everyone!